Updated June 8, 2017
Bottom Line: Citi's 21-month 0% intro purchase and balance transfer APR period is the longest of any card; post-intro APR is also low
The Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card offers one of the longest 0%* intro purchase APR periods available today. New cardholders pay no interest for their first 21 months on Purchases* and balance transfers. This feature makes the card ideal for anyone looking to make a purchase or transfer a balance from a higher APR credit card. The standard intro APR is also very reasonable at 13.99%-23.99% Variable, depending on your creditworthiness.
The Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card provides a personal concierge service and access to special events and discounts. Cardholders also get access to Citi® Private Pass® which offers exclusive access to tickets, dining and other special events. This card also offers extended warranty, damage/theft purchase protection and worldwide car rental insurance.
The Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card also allows cardholders to choose their payment date. Payments can be made on any available due date in the beginning, middle or end of the month. This makes scheduling card payments alongside your pay schedule fast and easy.
If you’re looking for a credit card that will help you save on interest this is one of the best options available. Citi® Diamond Preferred® offers the huge interest savings of a 21 month 0% intro APR period, with a low ongoing APR. Adding in perks like Citi® Private Pass® and flexible billing makes this card a no-brainer for interest savers.
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.99%-23.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi® Price Rewind searches for lower prices online for 60 days for your registered purchases: you can get back up to $500 per item and $2,500 a year.*
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
- No annual fee*
- Free access to FICO® Scores*
Fees & APR
- Annual Fee: $0*
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%.
- Purchase APR:
- Intro: 0% for 21 Months
- Ongoing: 13.99%-23.99% Variable
- Balance Transfer APR:
- Intro: 0% for 21 months, from date of first transfer when transfers are completed within 4 months of account opening.
- Ongoing: 13.99%-23.99% Variable
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% the amount of each transfer (whichever is greater)
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Advertiser Disclosure: The card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which SmartAsset.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). SmartAsset.com does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.