Loading
Tap on the profile icon to edit
your financial details.

Citi® Double Cash Card Review

Your Details Done

Citi® Double Cash Card Review

Advertiser Disclosure
Citi Doublecash Card
Apply for a Citi Doublecash Card

Bottom Line: 1% cash back when you buy, 1% cash back when you pay. That's 2% cash back on every purchase

Full Card Review

The DoubleCash card from Citi® literally pays you twice – you earn 1% on every purchase and 1% when you pay for the purchase (so long as you keep up with minimum payments) for a total of 2% cash back. This makes it one of the highest flat rate cash back credit cards available. Plus, there are no caps on the total about of cash back you can earn. It’s also one of the clearest rewards cards on the market, offering straight cash back without points or bonus categories to worry about. You can simply shop as you normally would and get a great rewards rate.

The rewards are easy to use too. Once you accumulate at least $25 in cash back rewards, you can start redeeming. Cash back is redeemable by paper check, gift card, or statement credit. The only drawback here is that you cannot receive cash back as direct deposit.

In addition to the great rewards rate and simple redemption, Citi® DoubleCash has no annual fee, making it a great place to start when it comes to a primary credit card. It also offers an introductory 0% APR deal. You will pay 0% on balance transfers for the first 18 months. The rate then varies based on creditworthiness.

The main flaw of Citi® DoubleCash card is a lack of sign-up bonus. Most credit cards, even cash back-cards, usually offer bonus points or extra cash back when new customers open an account. While the DoubleCash card features an attractive rewards rate, it doesn’t offer any incentives up front. There are also no higher cash back percentages on specific categories, which many other cash back cards offer. It’s really best for consumers with broad spending habits.

But what the Citi® DoubleCash lacks in introductory bonuses and higher bonus categories, it makes up for with extra benefits like Price Rewind, travel protection and special access to concerts, sporting events and dining experiences with Citi® Private Pass®. Citi® also waives your first late fee after sign-up and cardholders can receive their FICO credit score for free.

When it comes to Citi® DoubleCash card, it all boils down to simple earnings, simple redemption and a high flat rewards rate with no category restrictions, no rewards caps and no annual fee.

Rewards and Benefits

  • Earn cash back twice on every purchase with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases.
  • Balance Transfers do not earn cash back
  • 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.24% - 24.24% based on your creditworthiness
  • Click 'Apply Now' to see the applicable balance transfer fee and how making a balance transfer impacts interest on purchases.
  • No categories to track, no caps on cash back, no annual fee*

Requirements, Costs & Fees

  • Credit Needed: Excellent or Good
  • Purchase APR:
    • 14.24%-24.24% Variable APR depending on your creditworthiness and other factors.
  • Balance Transfer APR:
    • 0% Intro APR for the first 18 months from the date of your first transfer, which must be completed within 4 months of opening your account.
    • 14.24%-24.24% Variable APR after the intro period, depending on your creditworthiness and other factors.
  • APR for Cash Advances: 25.99% Variable
  • Penalty APR: up to 29.99% Variable
  • Annual Fee: $0
  • Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3% of the transfer amount, whichever is greater.
  • Cash Advance Fee: $10 or 5% of the transaction amount, whichever is greater.
  • Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
  • Late Payment Fee: None for the first late payment; up to $35 after that
  • Returned Payment: up to $35

Apply for a Citi DoubleCash Card

Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.

Advertiser Disclosure: The card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which SmartAsset.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). SmartAsset.com does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.

Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.